A Vintage Occasion
A Charity Wine Dinner at Court Garden
Wednesday 13th September 2023 6:00pm
Join us for a unique opportunity to enjoy some very interesting and rare wines from some great producers.
The evening will commence with a glass of Court Garden before the wines are served alongside a delicious 3-course dinner.
Henry Butler from Butler’s Wine Cellar, Brighton’s oldest wine merchant will host the evening and present these great wines from the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s.
Additionally, there are Magnums of the 2000 vintage of Château Batailley to enjoy.
There will be an auction of some of the wines presented on the night and some other surprises.
The wines have all been donated by a friend of Court Garden and all proceeds from the evening will be distributed by the Rotary Club of The Sussex Vale for local and international good causes.
Full list of wines below.
Charity number 1028558
Tickets, but please call them donations, will be issued by Court Garden.
Price per person £120
Please note: actual tickets are no longer sent, but you will receive an email confirming your booking and your name will be on a list on the door.
The wines to be served at the Charity Dinner will be drawn from the following list, if a wine is found to be faulty then a further wine will be substituted.
- 1970 Meursault ‘Clos du Cromin’
- 1971 Hallgartener Hendelberg Riesling Spätlese
- 1971 Schlumberger Traminer (vin d’Alsace)
- 1976 Schloss Eltz Spätlese
- 1976 Macon Lugny ‘Les Genièvres’ (Louis Latour)
- 1979 Odobester Klӧsterchen; Schwarzer Muskat, Edelbeerenauslese
- RED BURGUNDY
- 1969 Gevrey Chambertin ‘La Combe aux Moines’
- 1970 Santenay ‘Les Gravières’
- 1971 Beaune ‘Clos du Roi’ (Berry Brothers)
- 1974 Santenay (Berry Brothers)
- 1974 Vosne-Romanée ‘Les Beau Monts’
- 1983 Gevrey-Chambertin – Armand Rousseau
- 1983 Chassagne Montrachet – Fontaine-Gagnard
- 1961 Château Croizet-Bages – Pauillac
- 1970 Le Vieux Moulin – Carignan
- 1971 Château Grand Pontet – Saint Émilion
- 1973 Château Pape Clemont – Graves
- 1973 Château Pichon-Longueville Comtesse de Lalande – Pauillac
- 1975 Château Malescot-St-Exupery – Margaux
- 1977 Château Leoville Las Cases – Saint-Julien
- 1979 Château Pichon-Longueville au Baron de Pichon-Longueville – Pauillac
There should be some of the above wines remaining after the dinner and they will be offered for auction, in addition the following will be offered for auction:
- 1980 Château Lafite Rothschild – Pauillac
- 1983 Château Méaume (in wooden box)
- 1975 Dom Perignon (unopened box)
- 1982 Château Brane-Cantenac – Margaux
- 2000 Château Batailley – Pauillac (magnum)
All the wines will be offered subject to a reserve.